However, because CBD is absorbed through the skin, it can be massaged into targeted areas to deliver pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory benefits, as well as to nourish the skin itself. Better yet, many CBD-based products include other ingredients to further optimize their advantages. For example, rubs for sore muscles might contain lidocaine and menthol for an instant, cooling relief.
This article will explore the specific benefits of CBD oil massages, as well as tips for maximizing the results.
General Benefits of CBD Oil
CBD (the shorthand of cannabidiol) is an extract of the hemp plant that offers many pain-relieving beauty, and wellness benefits. CBD works by accessing the endocannabinoid system that extends throughout the body and is responsible for helping to regulate other important systems like the immune, digestive, and nervous systems.
CBD has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-fungal properties. Because it uses the endocannabinoid system, the CBD attaches to CB1 or CB2 receptors that either aid or antagonize different reactions. This is how it is able to lessen pain and inflammation, neutralize environmental concerns that affect the body, and even help with anxiety and depression.
CBD Massages for Beneficial Muscle Relaxation and Recovery
What does your body crave when you have tight muscles or an aching neck? A massage, of course. This is because the added pressure stimulates healthy circulation, releases tension, and dulls inflammation. All such massage benefits are amplified by the introduction of CBD for the following reasons:
CBD Dulls Pain Receptors and Curbs Inflammation
When CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system (specifically CB1 or CB2 receptors) to soothe those that respond to physical pain. What’s more, studies show that CBD can reduce inflammation of muscles and joints, lessening lingering soreness.
When CBD oils are massaged directly into the troubled area, the benefits are concentrated where they matter most. What’s more, the act of the massage itself facilitates deeper penetration of the CBD.
CBD Can Allieve Stress and Anxiety
Massages are overall a relaxing experience; add the mood stablizing properties of CBD into mix, and you reap this benefit even moreso.
CBD Oil Massages Can Nourish Skin
CBD is a remarkably effective antioxidant, so it can provide your skin with hydration and nourishment to mitigate dry skin, acne, and hyperpigmentation. The anti-aging properties of CBD also bring protection against UV damage, and everyday environmental factors that may keep your skin from being as radiant as possible. Better yet, it has antimicrobial benefits which helps erradicate bacteria.
In point, CBD contributes to plumper, healthier, hydrated, and clearer skin. If you confront dryness, psoriasis, body or facial acne, or other skin problems, a CBD oil massage may yield the perfect combination of benefits!
CBD Can Reduce the Appearance of Stretch Marks and Scarring
Cellulite and stretch marks are scarring caused by the skin’s inability to stretch when traumatized, often due to diminished amounts of collagen and elastin. CBD oil is able to ramp up the body’s production of collagen and elastin, while at the same time controlling the body’s production of sebum.
Suggested CBD Oil Products & Tools for Maximum Massage Benefits
CBD Products and Tools for Back and Body Massages
- Ultra-Relief Pain Rub: The ultimate CBD-based product for pain-relieving massages, the rub combines 1500mg of full spectrum CBD with lidocaine, menthol, and arnica. The potent combination introduces instant yet lasting relief while minimizing muscle inflammation. This CBD product is designed to be massaged into the skin using your hands, though it can be used with other tools to heighten the benefits.
- Super Soothing Pain Serum:The Super Soothing Pain Serum has 500mg of full spectrum CBD along with lidocaine and menthol for a complete and immediate source of pain relief. This cream can be applied in numerous ways but, for the best results, we suggest working it into the skin with the Cryo Massage Roller (you can buy both with this kit).
- Cryo Massage Roller: This roller is perfect for pre- and post-workout. Why? If you use this pre-workout, you can prepare your muscles for the exercise ahead. Loosening your muscles up and stretching beforehand will allow your body to perform better, and hopefully reduce the amount of pain your will feel later. And post-workout, the roller will help massage away excess inflammation, tightness, pain, and muscle and joint soreness.
The Cryo Massage Roller is easy to clean, at home or on the go, with soapy water, or cleaning wipes. With its steel ball that you can pop in the freezer, the cryo part is activated, and provides cool relief that can last up to 6 hours. The Cryo Massage roller can be used to massage a CBD-based oil or cream into the skin or without a lubricant.
CBD Products and Tools for Face Massages
- Elite Elixir: A perfect match for the Crystal Face Roller, the Elite Elixir offers 1500mg of a full spectrum CBD oil along with an organic hemp seed oil. When massaged on the skin, the CBD’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties tone and balance, as well as reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
The Elite Elixir is such a versatile CBD oil, because it can also be used as a spot treatment and moisturizer, and promote the reduction of anxiety and tension. It’s all-natural and vegan, cruelty-free, and non-GMO.
Botanika Life offers a number of elixirs that utilize various plant-based ingredients to offer different benefits for your complexion. Visit our Beauty page to view the various CBD-based solutions perfect for your next facial massage.
- Crystal Gua Sha Facial Tool: Want to release tension while also toning and sculpting your face? Use this extraordinary tool to stimulate blood circulation and hydrate. Give yourself a mini-spa treatment, complete with a rejuvenating massage. A radiant glow and healthier skin are on the horizon when you use this quartz stone to massage CBD oils into your skin.
- Crystal Face Roller: Using a facial roller can help the muscles in your face relax, and also help you to de-stress and renew your energy. This roller can be used with other face and skin care products to combine and boost their penetration into your skin for greater benefit (you can buy it in this Elite Elixir kit). Better yet, this particular massage tool has no learning curve, making it ideal for beginners.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Benefits of CBD Oil Massages
Can I combine CBD oil with my favorite massage moisturizer?
CBD oil works well with most other skincare and massage products, combining their individual benefits. You can layer it underneath or, in many cases, add it directly to the creams. While separation may occur (depending on the cream’s formula), you can stir the ingredients prior to usage for an even consistency.
How long does the pain relieving benefits of a CBD massage last?
When massaged into the skin, CBD will take up to 20 minutes to deliver noticeable benefits (which is why Botanika Life combines CBD with other ingredients within our pain relief line). However, the effects can be felt more multiple hours (up to 6 hours) and, with the reduction of inflammation, long-term pain may be less than it would be otherwise.