We can all agree on the many health and beauty benefits of CBD, including pain relief, decreased inflammation, brighter complexions, improved sleep, stress management, etc. However, there are increasingly diverse ways to incorporate CBD into your lifestyle, from topical creams to bath bombs to gummies. While no one way is universally better than others, many people choose elixir drinks as their preferred method of taking CBD.
WHY CHOOSE CBD ELIXIRS
TOP CHOICES FOR CBD ELIXIRS
At Botanika Life, we offer an array of CBD elixirs designed to keep skin hydrated and glowing, eliminate wrinkles, and increase elasticity. Some of our favorites include:
This high-end elixir is made solely from organic Hemp Seed Oil and organically farmed Full Spectrum CBD oil (1500mg). This natural, vegan, and gluten-free formula is packed with powerful antioxidants that are deeply moisturizing and clean enough even to ingest.
Additionally, all Botanika Life elixirs rely upon Full Spectrum CBD oil rather than lesser alternatives. Full-spectrum varieties include all the terpenes, cannabinoids, and chemical compounds found in the cannabis plant. All these chemical compounds join forces to produce what’s called the “entourage effect,” meaning that they work more effectively together than when a single cannabinoid is isolated. It’s worth noting that full-spectrum CBD oil also requires less processing than other kinds because all the compounds are kept together, rather than pulling out just the CBD extract.
Elite Elixir helps improve skin tone by neutralizing free radical damage and reducing visible signs of aging, such as inflammation, fine lines, and dullness.
"The results of Botanika Life’s Elite Elixir were a miracle on both my Mom’s swollen hand and my sister’s face after laser. I definitely want to have this as an option for patients as it helps to reduce redness, irritation and inflammation post treatment. It also helps rejuvenate the skin to maintain optimal results; and it’s clean… what’s better than that?”
- Dr. Kelly Stankiewicz, MD, FAAD, Board-Certified Dermatologist from Harvard University. The Dermatology House, Park City, UT
A close cousin of the above-mentioned Elite Elixir, this formula incorporates Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that benefits the skin and contributes to a more smooth and youthful appearance. When applied directly to the skin, Vitamin C increases the production of collagen and elastin, proteins in the skin cells that help keep the skin hydrated and firm.
Our Vitamin C Elixir helps restore skin’s natural radiance with two powerhouse ingredients:
STAY-C® 50 Vitamin C: This antioxidant protects skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV exposure and also:
- Minimizes dark spots
- Evens skin tone
- Provides visible anti-aging benefits
- Brightens skin
- Helps protect against oxidative stress
NEOSSANCE® SQUALANE: This highly-effective emollient and natural antioxidant promotes the appearance of firmness and leaves the complexion soft, nourished, and never greasy. Additionally, it has been found to:
- Diminish wrinkles
- Reduce scars
- Reverse UV damage
- Lighten freckles
- Address skin pigmentation
- Combat free radicals
Our Plant Stem Cell Elixir is a supercharged formula with a potent blend of botanical actives for radiant, healthy, and revitalized skin. We formulate this elixir with Marula oil for hydration, Swiss Apple Stem Cells for refreshed skin, and 1000mg of Full-Spectrum CBD oil. Why does this combination of ingredients work so well? Let’s take a closer look at the elixir ingredients joining CBD.
- PhytoCellTec™ MALUS DOMESTICA: The active component of Swiss apple stem cells, this invigorates and elongates the life of skin stem cells. Studies prove that PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica reduces the damage of external stresses that normally contribute to the appearance of aging.
- Marula: This elixir ingredient hydrates and protects your complexion due to its rich levels of antioxidants, omega fatty acids 6 and 9, and Vitamin C and E. In turn, it helps counteract damage to the skin due to the sun and environmental damage.
All Botanika Life CBD elixirs are formulated with all-natural, vegan, and clean ingredients that are clinically proven to support everyday skincare needs. This set includes our 3 Skin Elixirs made with full-spectrum CBD, along with our quartz crystal face roller to brighten, enhance, and stimulate the skin. You can use the products individually or build your skincare routine around them using the following steps:
- Apply 4-5 drops of the VITAMIN C ELIXIR to your face and neck before applying moisturizer and sunscreen. Massage it into the skin using the quartz face roller.
- Apply 4-5 drops of the PLANT STEM CELL ELIXIR to your face and neck at night before applying moisturizer. Massage it into the skin using the quartz face roller.
- Use ELITE ELIXIR as a spot treatment for areas of concern.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR FINDING QUALITY CBD ELIXIRS
In addition to identifying the best way to take CBD, you also want to make sure you choose a CBD product of the highest quality. Efficacy depends on the amount of CBD in the product you are using and how the hemp is grown and harvested. To make sure you are getting the highest quality CBD products, look for the following:
Full-spectrum CBD - We previously discussed the power of full-spectrum CBD, but it’s worth underscoring again. After all, this particular kind of CBD means that you receive the combined effect of all valuable compounds of the plant, as well as benefit from less harmful processing.
Full-spectrum oil includes a concentration of 0.3% or less of THC. However, this amount is so minor that it causes no psychedelic or impairing effects on the body and is legal within the US.
Clean, plant-based ingredients - Choosing simple and safe beauty products leads to greater overall wellness, as revealed by a growing number of concerning studies. If you’re not sure what to look for when assessing various CBD elixirs, try to find options that are:
- Made in the USA
- Use organically-grown hemp
- Feature all plant-based ingredients
- Not tested on animals
Transparency and third-party lab testing - Choose CBD elixirs that disclose the results of their third-party lab testing to confirm the caliber of the hemp used and the purity of the formula. For instance, unbiased labs evaluate all Botanika Life; all results are shared on this link and through included traceable lot codes that allow customers to review product certificates of analysis via a QR code on every product.
DIVING DEEPER INTO THE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF CBD ELIXIRS
The benefits of CBD elixirs are more than skin-deep, regardless of whether you drink or apply it topically. Because the CBD enters the bloodstream, elixirs give your body the additional benefits, including:
Pain relief - CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory and has been shown to reduce many of the symptoms of chronic pain, including:
- Neuropathic pain
- Migraine management
- Muscle spasms or soreness
However, if your pain concentrates in the muscles and joints, you should look for topical CBD pain relief products that can penetrate directly at the source of inflammation.
Mood stabilization - CBD elixirs are frequently used as mood stabilizers thanks to their ability to reduce the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
CBD to aid sleep - Research shows that CBD helps people feel calmer and more relaxed, and as a result, they fall asleep sooner and stay asleep longer.
ADDING CBD ELIXIR TO DRINKS - GIVE IT A SHOT
There are many ways to take a CBD Elixir, but incorporating it into the food and beverages you are already consuming is growing in popularity. Here are tasty ideas for adding CBD into your meals:
- Cuppa CBD. To control just how much CBD you are taking, we recommend adding a high-quality CBD elixir to your coffee rather than purchasing a CBD-infused coffee blend.
Smoothies. Think about adding a shot of CBD elixir to your morning smoothie for a fresh and healthy start to the day. If you have reservations about the way CBD tastes, blending it with fruit will help balance the flavor out.
- CBD Cocktails. Coast to coast, CBD is the hottest cocktail ingredient. Professional and amateur bartenders embrace the CBD elixirs' earthiness to add dimension to mint juleps, gin tonics, and bourbon sours. While we welcome readers to responsibly try new cocktail combinations, we suggest adding a few drops of your CBD elixir to drinks with bold flavors and plant-based ingredients.
- Straight Shot. CBD oil can be applied directly under the tongue for the quickest absorption. Holding a few drops of CBD elixir under your tongue for a few moments before swallowing will allow the CBD to enter the bloodstream through the capillaries in this area of your mouth.
STORING AND TRANSPORTING CBD ELIXIRS
It is crucial to store CBD elixirs properly to preserve their efficacy and extend the oil's shelf life. For best results, keep CBD elixirs in their original container and protect them from excessive light, heat, and/or air exposure.
Other tips for storing CBD include:
- Store at room temperature – do not refrigerate
- Keep in a drawer or a cabinet to limit light exposure
- Close the bottle tightly after use
- Use a clean dropper to prevent contamination of the product
When traveling with CBD elixirs, keep them in their original container. You can travel with CBD elixirs throughout the United States as long as they contain less than 0.3% THC, as all Botanika Life products do. And of course, TSA rules apply to CBD products as well, meaning that you cannot bring a CBD elixir larger than 3 ounces in your carry-on. And while CBD is legal in all 50 states, it is illegal in some countries, including Iceland, Monaco, and Vietnam, so always check before traveling outside of the U.S.