Best Times of Day to Take CBD: Morning or Night Routines
If you’re new to using CBD, it’s natural to wonder about the best time of day to apply products to maximize their benefits. For example, is it better to apply CBD in the morning shortly after rising or at night before your bedtime routine?
The simple answer is that there is no hardened rule about the best time of day to use CBD.
However, there is also a longer, more nuanced answer to this question. This is because CBD comes in a full variety of forms (oils, topicals, gummies, etc.) geared towards different purposes. Some CBD products are easier to incorporate into your daily (or nightly) routine while others are best used “as needed.”
Ultimately, your judgment and knowledge of your own body is your best compass, but here are some general suggestions you can use as guideposts.
Incorporate CBD usage into morning routines, if you…
- Want to introduce CBD into your morning skin care: In addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD is an antioxidant rich ingredient that can stimulate collagen and elastin growth. As a result, skin looks brighter and smoother, is hydrated and moisturized, and has less visible cellulite and stretch marks. You can even combine your CBD with your other morning skin care products to double down on combating the signs of aging and even help prevent UV damage.
- Already take daily supplements or vitamins: If you already have a routine for taking anything (this can even include prescription medications), you have a preset way to remember to take or apply your CBD. Just add it into this morning routine until it becomes second nature.
- Want a general wellness boost: In this age of all go, no quit, you can easily get rundown and exhausted from day to day. The morning is a great time to boost your serotonin levels and immune system with a CBD oil taken sublingually (under the tongue).
- Usually have a morning cup of coffee, tea, or juice: If you want a creative way to ingest your morning CBD, infuse it within a drink, such as a morning smoothie, coffee, tea, or fruit juice.
- Wake up needing a nudge to start the day: Some days start off as downers riddled with anxiety for what’s to come (we’ve all been there). If this sounds like how your start your mornings, it could be the perfect time to ingest CBD oil to help lift your mood or aid your meditation. CBD oil doesn’t cause drowsiness, so no need to worry that you’ll crash before the afternoon because of it.
Looking for CBD products perfectly geared for morning use? Botanika Life CBD elixirs have you covered!
Elite Elixir - contains 1500mg of a full-spectrum CBD oil and an organic hemp seed oil. This elixir is incredibly versatile, as you can add it to food or drink, layer it under skin care products, or even use it as a spot treatment for issues like hyperpigmentation, lines, or skin dullness.
Plant Stem Cell Skin Elixir - maximizes the antioxidants in the CBD and marries it with stem cells and marula that nourish and prevent environmental stress that contribute to signs of aging.
Vitamin C and CBD Skin Elixir - nourish your skin with a blend of Vitamin C, squalane, and CBD (ingredients you can learn about here). Wake up your skin every morning with Vitamin C, and soften and hydrate skin with the amazing fatty acids in squalane.
Unblemished Acne Treatment - CBD works alongside salicylic acid and tea tree oil to unclog pores and exfoliate the skin, creating the perfect start to your morning. This treatment can be used over the face, neck, and chest, and it is safe for all types of skin types, including sensitive skin.
Incorporate your CBD usage into your nightly routine, if you…
- Want to indulge in a relaxing bath: a CBD bath bomb is a luxurious way to unwind and indulge in a spa night, any night. Inhale the CBD-enriched steam while hydrating your skin from head-to-toe and relaxing your muscles.
- Need help relaxing and dropping off to sleep: A good way to promote an easier and more restful night of sleep is to look for a CBD sleep spray with other natural ingredients like, lavender, melatonin, or magnesium. Drift to sleep and stay asleep to wake up the next morning feeling truly refreshed.
- Are looking to de-stress after a busy day: Just as CBD can be added to your morning coffee, juice, or smoothie, you can also add it to a nighttime beverage, like tea. Use CBD to relax, lessen physical tension, and leave the workday behind.
- Have an evening skin care routine: Proper skin care isn’t only for the morning, and neither should CBD. When you take off the day’s makeup and before you apply your favorite moisturizer, why not apply a thin layer of nourishing CBD oil underneath?
- Have aching joints or sore muscles from the day: CBD naturally helps relax muscles, protects stimulated joints from stress, and lessens inflammation and swelling. If you experience evening aches and pains from the events of the day, apply a topical treatment or use the above-mentioned bath bombs.
The following Botanika Life CBD products are perfect for evening or nighttime use:
CBD Sleep Spray - contains CBD, melatonin and magnesium in its formula. All of these ingredients are known to promote a healthy sleep schedule without any impairment or drowsiness the next day.
CBD Stress Ball Bath Bombs - a small but mighty way to de-stress, rejuvenate, and restore balance to your mind and body. With recipes like lavender, eucalyptus, sandalwood, and rose, there’s a bath bomb for your every need. Just fill your tub, sit back, and relax!
Elite Elixir - because this elixir is pure full-spectrum CBD oil, it is appropriate for both night and day use (or any time of day). Drop it under the tongue, add it to your favorite tea, or re-hydrate skin when it’s time to decompress.
Incorporate your CBD usage as needed, if you…
- Are looking for immediate pain relief or overall pain management: CBD topicals works fantastically when massaged onto the skin at the point of pain, as it can help relieve the effects of arthritis, and other chronic pain problems. Botanika Life has travel-sized CBD products you can transport in a purse, gym bag, or carry-on luggage while flying to be applied when pain first arises, no matter the time of day.
- You’re traveling or visiting people you don’t spend regular time with: There’s never been a better time to hedge your bets and boost your immune system. Whether you have a business trip, friends retreat, or are visiting family you haven’t seen in a while, CBD in combination with other immune support will help shield your body from invaders.
- You want mild anxiety or stress relief: Because of the way CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system (our body’s major regulatory system), it can benefit many aspects of our biological processes. There’s evidence that people with generalized anxiety can find relief and help self-soothe with the use of CBD in high stress or triggering situations.
To find a great as needed CBD product, look at these Botanika products:
CBD Jet Pack - a travel size two pack including a .5oz CBD Sleep spray, and .5oz Serentika Immune spray. Together, the two can promote easier sleep and a stronger immune system while traveling.
Serentika Immune Boosting Spray- comes in a convenient spray that delivers a cooling and soothing burst of CBD oil, Vitamin C and Zinc orally. Bolster your immune system, wherever and whenever.
Botanika Life CBD pain relief products- this line combines full-spectrum CBD with other plant-based ingredients to soothe aches and pains. While we offer a variety of sizes and application styles, our most popular solutions are the CBD pain relief roller with lidocaine and the CBD muscle rub.
What to Remember When Choosing What Time of Day to Use CBD
- Topicals are absorbed through the skin by the body’s cannabinoid receptors, and do not have bioavailability. This means the CBD does not enter the bloodstream. Because they are applied right at the point of pain or inflammation, topicals offer the quickest way to relief and results.
- Oil infusions, gummies, and other edibles must go through digestion via the gut and liver. This limits their bioavailability and means they won’t offer immediate results.
- Oil administered sublingually is absorbed through receptors in the mouth, and avoids the lengthier digestion process, so of the three categories, oils have the highest bioavailability. However, they do have a slight delay before results can take place.
Regardless of When You Use CBD, Shop With Botanika Life
No matter what time of day you use CBD, your body will respond well to vegan products sourced from USA-grown plants free from pesticides. With Botanika Life, you receive simple formulas with high-caliber ingredients so you can feel your best morning through night. Browse our online store or shop our CBD products in such retailers as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Equinox. Morning or night, you deserve quality CBD from Botanika Life.
Want more information? Check out CBD for Beginners & Tips for Getting Started.