Tennis elbow is a form of elbow tendonitis. To understand what this means, you must understand that the tendons are the fibrous cords that connect muscle to bone, and certain repetitive movements can cause injuries in the tendons. Don’t let the phrase “tennis elbow” fool you, as it can apply to any repetitive activity that requires continual flexing or gripping, whether that be golf, baseball, painting, or lanscaping. While almost anyone can develop this condition, it is particularly common among plumbers, painters, carpenters, butchers, and even baristas. Those who suffer from arthritis (particularly rheumatoid arthritis) have an increased likelihood of developing this condition.
So how can CBD lessen pains related to tennis elbow? In this article, we’ll explore recommended products and how CBD interacts with the underlying causes to provide relief.
Recommended CBD Products for Tennis Elbow Pain Relief
Botanika Life offers a full suite of CBD-Based Pain-Relieving Products that can be used for the specific pain caused by tennis elbow. They utilize lidocaine, menthol, arnica, and full-spectrum CBD to ease tennis elbow. What's more, all of our pain relief products are backed by third-party lab testing which verify the quality of our ingredients and cleanliness of the formulas.
Popular CBD products you can use for tennis elbow include:
Pain Relief Roller With CBD, Lidocaine & Menthol - Customers regularly choose this particular CBD product for tennis elbow because of its easy, mess-free applicator which makes it practical to use almost anywhere, anytime.
Ultra Relief Muscle Pain Rub With CBD- Massage 1,500 of full spectrum CBD directly into the areas affected by tennis elbow. To learn more about whether this product best fits your needs and lifestyle, read CBD Muscle Balms: How They Work & Best Uses.
Pain Relief Kit Box With CBD & Cryo Roller - This all-in-one solution combines our Super Soothing Pain Serum with CBD & Lidocaine with a cryo massage roller; apply the serum and then use the accompanying instrument to massage it into the area while simultaneously providing cooling relief.
Because these products are topically applied directly to the muscles experiencing tennis elbow, the CBD works in conjunction with the other elements to provide near-immediate relief while combating inflammation.
How CBD Interacts With the Body to Relieve Tennis Elbow
Firstly, let’s dive into what’s happening within your body when tennis elbow occurs. Formally known as lateral epicondylitis, it is the result of tiny tears and striations within the muscle. The body responds with inflammation.
When you apply CBD for tennis elbow, it accesses the endocannabinoid system via receptors CB1 and CB2. The endocannabinoid system is spread throughout the body, allowing CBD to influence different regulatory processes in the nerve, immune, and digestive systems, as well as neurotransmitters that “speak” to the brain.
Why We Recommend Topically Applying of CBD for Tennis Elbow
Different types of CBD can give you different results. For overall systemic or wellness balance, we suggest applying CBD drops sublingually (under the tongue). However, to solve the sort of pain and inflammation that comes with tennis elbow, your best bet would be a topical serum.
Topical CBD is rolled or massaged into the skin at the point of pain and inflammation; the great thing about CBD is that even externally, it can bond to the CB1 and CB2 receptors to access the endocannabinoid system. While ingestibles can take up to 20 minutes or longer to deliver CBD-based relief, a topical CBD cream will reduce pain and inflammation with near immediacy, and last for several hours. What’s more, the topical products from Botanika Life combine CBD with other pain-relieving ingredients like lidocaine for a comprehensive solution for tennis elbow pain.
Additional tips for Managing Tennis Elbow Pain
Use Cold compression - Cooling treatments are highly recommended to reduce inflammation and the pain that can go along with the body’s immune response to repetitive and strenuous exercise. The way this works, the ice or cool pack will provide the means to reduce inflammation.
- Regularly Stretch - Work with a trainer or professional to identify stretches that assist areas with tennis elbow. While you’ll want to execute the routine on a daily basis, it’s particularly important prior to activities that will further exacerbate your tennis elbow. By preparing your muscles and tendons ahead of time, you loosen them and your joints for the exercise ahead. It’s always a good idea to stretch pre-and post-workout, and it only takes a few extra minutes.
- Wear elbow compression sleeves - When doing any activities that put you at risk for tennis elbow, wear a compression sleeve purposefully designed to minimize impact. Because tennis elbow is a chronic issue, it can develop slowly, and you may not even realize it is a problem until the pain is excruciating, or you can no longer perform certain motions.
A proper elbow compression sleeve will increase blood circulation, relieve tension and pressure, and help with inflammation and pain. It can be worn throughout the day, so if your profession is one that makes you likely to develop tennis elbow, you can wear the sleeve from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep.
- Consult with your doctor- Independent research into your own health and wellness is a valuable exercise, but your findings should never replace advice from a medical professional. Keep them abreast of any CBD, pain relief solutions or activities you use so they can give the best advice possible.
Read More About CBD & Pain Management
The way CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system enables it to assist with pain management with conditions well beyond just tennis elbow. To learn more, we suggest reading:
- CBD &Ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) - Comparison & FAQ
- CBD Helps With IBS & Stomach Pain - Learn How
- CBD for Athletes: Oils & Creams for Athletic Recovery
- How CBD Can Help Neck & Shoulder Pain
- Have Muscle Tightness or Spasms? Why CBD is an Effective Muscle Relaxant
- CBD for Restless Leg Syndrome - How it Works